Types of Operating Authorities Services
MC Number / ICC Authority Services including:
- Apply for New Authority
- Reinstate Revoked Authority
- Name changes on existing Authority
- Address changes on existing Authority
- Ownership transfer of Authority
- Voluntary Revocation of Authority
- Request copies of MC Permit
USDOT Number Registration Services Including:
- Apply for new USDOT Number
- Update USDOT registration information
- Reactivate USDOT Number after revocation
BOC-3 Filing Services
- Low one time filing fee for BOC-3. No annual renewals.
UCR Registration Services
Types of Operating Authority
If you’re a first-time applicant for MC authority and are intending to tackle the process on your own, be prepared for a world of confusion.
Existing trucking companies applying for additional authorities are eligible to use OP-series forms. New applicants will be required to use the Unified Registration System (URS). The type(s) of operating authority requested will determine the correct form to be submitted and level of insurance that is required. FMCSA does not refund application fees, therefore, be careful and select only the operating authority relevant to the specific transportation business you will be operating.
The FMSCA website has a dedicated page Types of Operating Authority to help guide you through this initial selection. Once completed, additional forms and fees need to be submitted. Multiple links throughout the Department of Transportation’s website steer you to the numerous pages of information you’ll need to manage as you complete all the required processes. A banner providing customer service contact information warns of long wait times, no doubt due to the complexity of the processes.
Taking the Work out of Trucking Paperwork
eTruck Permits simplifies the procedures of applying for all authorities and permits by doing the leg work for you. Avoid spending days and weeks of your time filling out paperwork, plus months of waiting. Let eTruck Permits be your one-stop shop for all your authority requirements.
Why eTruck Permits
Whether you are registering a new company or looking to expand your existing fleet, eTruck Permits will simplify the process of obtaining your required authorities.
- Fast and convenient registrations, renewals and changes
- Eliminate the risk of costly missed renewal deadlines
- Reduce the time you spend on government paperwork